- Wallpaper: (obviously) – but enough of it. To make sure you purchase enough roles, measure the width and height of all your walls, then using a wallpaper calculator to calculate the amount you will need. Your wallpaper will have all the details about it, including the pattern repeat (the measurement which tells you how far down the roll the pattern will match up again). We at Drive In Paint-Mart can help you determine the number of rolls needed too.
- Wallpaper Paste: Don’t bother mixing your own – use a ready mixed wallpaper paste that comes in a resealable tub to save you time and avoid waste if you need to wallpaper in stages.
- Application Brush: Choose one with a handle in the middle rather than the ones that look like big combs. These are easier to fit into the pre-made paste tubs, and your wrists will thank you for it.
- Plumb Line Measuring Tool: A great investment if you intend to do a lot of wallpapering. However, if it is one simple feature wall you are doing, you can get a plumb line measuring app on your smartphone for free.
- Wallpaper trimming knife or Snap Blade: Using the knife is easier, but scissors are better for bits of wallpaper that won’t cut because they are soggy from the glue. You’ll also need the scissors to cut the paper off the roll.
Schedule a FREE In-Home or Virtual Wallpaper Project Consultation today!